BOKE - Georgian PhotoClub for Professional and Amateur Photographers :: http://www.boke.ge Calibrate Your Monitor
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

· [ ] ·

> Evgen Bavcar, ბრმა ფოტოგრაფი

| |
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 19:50

Amateur Amateur

კახა კახიანს ანტერესებდა ბრმა ფოტოგრაფების შესახებ, მეც დამაინტერესა და ერთ ჩემთვის ძალიან საინტერესო ფოტოგრაფს "გაგაცნობთ" smile.gif

Evgen Bavcar დაიბადა 1946 წელს სლოვენიაში.
მან დაკარგა მხედვედველობა ჯერ კიდევ 12 წლამდე.
ოთხი წლის შემდეგ კი პირველად აიღო ფოტო აპარატი ხელში, როდესაც იმ გოგონას გადაუღო რომელიც უყვარდა smile.gif

Self-portrait leaning
user posted image

Why would a blind man want to wear transparent eyeglasses? Why would he wish to walk the streets of Paris dressed in the same black hat, cape and red scarf worn by Aristide Bruant as depicted by Toulouse-Lautrec? Why would he want to risk speaking on a radio program about paintings which he has never actually seen? And why would he desire to take photographs? The name of this man is Evgen Bavcar ("E-oo-gen Ba-oo-char"), he is an art photographer and he is completely blind. Born in 1946 in a small Slovenian town near Venice, he lost both eyes before he was twelve in two consecutive accidents. Four years later, he lay his hands on a camera for the first time, to take a snapshot of the girl with whom he was in love: as he recalls, The pleasure I felt then resulted from my having robbed and fixed on a film something that did not belong to me, I secretly discovered I could possess something that I could not see. Bavcar studied History at the University of Ljubljana, and Philosophy at the Sorbonne. Having settled in Paris he embarked on an academic career, and intensified his photographic activities. In 1988 he was named Official Photographer of the City of Light’s Photography Month. Since then his work has been widely exhibited, particularly in Europe. Walter Aue, the acclaimed Berlin poet, considers that after Niepce, Fox Talbot and Daguerre, Bavcar is "the fourth inventor of photography". Bavcar’s work addresses the relations between vision, blindness and invisibility: My task is the reunion of the visible and the invisible worlds, photography allows me to pervert the established method of perception amongst those who see and those who don’t. He carves out most of his images from the dark of night with the help of portable lights, the better to control all visual parameters: Each photo I create must be perfectly ordered in my head before I shoot. I hold the camera to my mouth in order to photograph those I speak to. Autofocus helps me, but I can manage on my own: it is simple, my hands measure the distance and the rest is achieved by the desire for images that inhabits me. Although he requires assistance to produce his icons (traditionally, icons are representations of the invisible) he is no mere intellectual author, for he concerns himself even with the simplest technical details. Whilst shooting, the philosopher-photographer favors the guidance of children, and he likes to review his results on the basis of various verbal descriptions. He explains: I feel very close to those who don’t consider photography as a ‘slice’ of reality, but rather as a conceptual structure, a synthetic form of pictorial language, even a suprematist image like Malevich’s black square. The direction I have taken is closer to a photographer like Man Ray, than to forms like reportage, which is like shooting an arrow towards a fixed moment.

user posted image

(ფოტოს სათაური)Shot against time

I'm photography´s degree zero. Let's say that I'm more of an iconographer than a photographer. I've met blind people who also take photographs but never as self-consciously as I do. Some of them even do it with the hope of seeing again some day.
I photograph what I imagine, you could say I'm a bit like Don Quijote. The originals are inside my head. It is a matter of creating a mental image, the physical record which best represents the work of what is imagined.

-----------

Slovenian landscape

My childhood world was one of light and eternity. Everything comes from there. I try to salvage everything I can from my homeland. Family album photos are my favorite. When a friend described El Greco's paintings to me, light and colors are what I remember from my childhood. For me fluorescence will always be light shining on water, the reflections I saw. I have to go back to my country often to refresh my palette.

When I go back to my hometown I touch the trees or the bottom of walls to feel the passage of time. But what's most important is what goes on in my head, what I imagine. It's what I call the gaze of the third eye.
user posted image

----
user posted image

-----
Ljubljana with the dragon

user posted image

---

ესეც ავტოsmile.gif
user posted image

-----
Masks in Venice
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Added @
Umberto Eco
user posted image
Added @
The Eiffel Tower, Paris

When I got to Paris I went up the Eiffel Tower close to forty times. I touched its structure until I became familiar with it, and I made my own image of the Tower documenting it in the multiple photographs I've made in Paris. In my photos I try to destroy one image with another that I consider more real.

user posted image
Added @
Véronique and the duck
user posted image
Added @
Portrait with paintings

Having a need for images amounts to creating an internal mirror, in other words, a speculum mundi which expresses our attitude towards the reality that lies outside our body. The desire for images is consequently the work of our interior which consists of creating, based on each one of our valid points of view, a possible and acceptable object for our memory. We can only see what we know: there is no vision beyond my knowledge. The desire for images resides in the anticipation of our memory and in the optic instinct which seeks to appropriate the world's splendor - its light and darkness.

user posted image
Added @
Geneva with the eagle

I depend on others to make my photos. They have to describe the landscape or whatever is in front of me. Other people tell me what they see and I act accordingly. I pick my photos on a contact sheet the same way as everyone else does, the only exception being that I have to control the physical gaze of those who serve as mediators between the contacts and my own inner reality.

user posted image
Added @
Self-portrait

I could even give technical hints to camera manufacturers, especially regarding the making of tools for people who're blind or whose vision is impaired. The lack of certain technical tools, like a phonic or talking light meter, has forced me to come up with personal solutions that give me a greater degree of autonomy and independence in the dark.

user posted image
 [Off-line] · [Profile] · [PM]
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
D_A_D_A
post Dec 11 2008, 19:58

Amateur+ Amateur+

შოკ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 19:59

Amateur Amateur

Stairs with shadows

user posted image
Added @
Portrait with hands

Every photo I take I have to have perfectly organized in my head before shooting. I put the camera at the height of my mouth and that's how I photograph people I hear talking. The autofocus helps, but I can manage without it. It's simple. I measure the distance with my hands and the rest is done by my internal desire for images. I know there are always things that escape me, but that's true of photographers who can physically see. My images are fragile; I've never seen them, but I know they exist, and some of them have touched me deeply.

user posted image
Added @
Paris with cat

user posted image
Added @
Nude with hands
user posted image
Added @
Cardboard house with dolls

user posted image
Added @

ეს ფოტო ძალიან მომწონს smile.gif
Madonna with swallows
user posted image
Added @
Nude

What I mean by the desire for images is that when we imagine things, we exist. I can't belong to this world if I can't imagine it in my own way. When a blind person says "I imagine", it means he too has an inner representation of external realities.

user posted image

[ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Medea Sharikadze
post Dec 11 2008, 20:06

Amateur Amateur

ბატუკელა დიდი მადლობა...
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 20:07

Amateur Amateur

user posted image
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Tamri
post Dec 11 2008, 20:08

Amateur+ Amateur+

angel.gif დაუჯერებელია!!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Mamarda

Amateur Amateur

ვაა რა საინტერესოა!!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela

Amateur Amateur

D_A_D_A, smile.gif

medo, მადლობა კახას : )

Added @
ბატონი ევგენი რომ ბოკეზე ყოფილიყო, აშკარად ისიც მოითხოვდა ავტოების ცალკე განყოფილებას DDDD.gif

Self-portrait
user posted image
Added @
The hand on the stone, Pompeii

user posted image
Added @
Michelangelo's Moses with autograph

user posted image
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
D_A_D_A
post Dec 11 2008, 20:12

Amateur+ Amateur+

ვერ ვშორდები ამ თემას
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 20:13

Amateur Amateur

D_A_D_A, კარგი მაშინ კიდევ დავდებ ფოტოებს DDDD.gif
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
D_A_D_A
post Dec 11 2008, 20:14

Amateur+ Amateur+

ბატუკელა diax.gif diax.gif diax.gif angel.gif angel.gif
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 20:15

Amateur Amateur

Nude with lantern

user posted image

Barcelona
user posted image

Tree with swallows

user posted image

Added @
Gate with swallows
user posted image
Added @
Hanna Schygulla
user posted image
Added @
The door of Fuzine
user posted image
Added @
ვსო ბოლოა დღეს DDDD.gif
დავიღალე gavcitldi2.gif

Two nudes with swallows
user posted image
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Anna Sulaberidze
post Dec 11 2008, 20:22

Amateur+ Amateur+

აუ!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 20:23

Amateur Amateur

ბოდიშით რომ არეულადაა ფოტოები, მეც ამებნა ლინკები და sad.gif
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
D_A_D_A
post Dec 11 2008, 20:25

Amateur+ Amateur+

ბატუკელა ეგ არაფერი და დიდი დიდი მადლობა შენ !!!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Liza Niniashvili
post Dec 11 2008, 20:25
Чайка

Photographer Photographer

გამაჟრიალა.
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 20:26

Amateur Amateur

D_A_D_A angel.gif პირიქით, მიხარია თუ გასიამოვნეთ smile.gif
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
marianita
post Dec 11 2008, 20:31

Amateur Amateur

ვა ბატუ, საღოლ smile.gif ძალიან დამაინტერესა smile.gif დიდი მადლობა
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
N i N i
post Dec 11 2008, 21:52

Amateur Amateur

აუუუუ !!!!!!!
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Magda Gugava
post Dec 11 2008, 22:47

Amateur Amateur

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif რა მაგრებია
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Oto Gordeladze
post Dec 11 2008, 23:26

Amateur+ Amateur+

shock.gif

ა....
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 23:29

Amateur Amateur

ეს ბრმაა და როგორ იღებს და ... rolleyes.gif

[ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
dathuna
post Dec 11 2008, 23:38

Amateur Amateur

უახხხხ
რა მაგარია
როგორ იღებდა?
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
batukela
post Dec 11 2008, 23:39

Amateur Amateur

dathuna ზემოთ წერია ინგლისურად DDDD.gif
დამეზარა თარგმნა, რამე რომ შემშლოდა ... DDDD.gif lol.gif

[ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
me SaLo
post Dec 11 2008, 23:48

Amateur Amateur

batukela,

შენ აღარ ხუმრობ<--- : )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ყოჩაღ ნინო

ყოჩაღ ანა : )))

:P
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Nika Pkhakadze
post Dec 12 2008, 00:04

Photographer Photographer

სასტაულია პირდაპირ...
ამას უეჭველი ფოტოგრაფიის ღმერთები ეხმარებოდნენ აბა ისე როგორ?
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Kamikadze
post Dec 12 2008, 01:18

Amateur+ Amateur+

არ მჯერა რო ბრმაა smile.gif
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
Lasha Ghughunishvili
post Dec 12 2008, 11:53

Amateur+ Amateur+

ვაააა, გაიხარე ნინო
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
kakha kakhiani
post Dec 12 2008, 13:18
Unregistered

ბრავოოოოოოოოოოოო... თქვენ კიდე ამბობთ არ არსებობენო აგე თუ არ არსებობენ!!!

სასწაულია
ყოველთვის ვფიქრობდი დაბრმავების შემდეგ(თუ ასეთი რამ მოხდა) როგორ გადავიღებდი და მაინტერესებდა..
ხელით ეხება აღიქვავს და მერე იღებს თავის წარმოსახვას

მადლობ ანა
  · ·
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·
DIKARKA
post Dec 12 2008, 13:29

Amateur+ Amateur+

ანნამაია
-)

კიდევ დადე Fოტოები -)
 [ ^ ^ ^ ] ·